July 28th 2011 : SMEC Members Meeting
We take this opportunity to invite all members and Guests to this interactive SMEC Meeting
This would be opportunity for the members to Network, Interact and know about the proposed plans of SMEC.
(We would like to follow the schedule as mentioned hence we request all the invitees to come on time to make it successful event).
|Venue||Conference Room- 2nd floor 50 Crag wood Rd South Plainfield, NJ - 07080|
|Time||2.00 PM to 6.00 PM|
Please confirm in advance your attending which facilitate in arrangements
InternationalTax Program: International Tax - special emphasis on US-India accounting & tax issues. Why you should attend? All Indian-Americans with foreign (outside the US) bank accounts in India Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) and financial and other assets IRS has imposed strict penalties for US citizens/residents for not reporting foreign bank information, financial asset and penalties as high as 50% of the bank balance and possible jail sentence for willful neglect. IRS fines and penalties collected is the highest in decades. Discussion Leader: Cecil Nazareth ACA, CPA, MBA - Indian Chartered Accountant & US CPA - Leading international accounting & tax expert. Advices CPA in US and CAs in India. One of the first Indian-Americans with Ernst and Young Agenda: International tax (Indo-US taxes)
- International transactions and what you should know and who is watching you
- India-US tax treaty
- Undisclosed assets outside the US - especially India
- Foreign bank account reporting (FBAR) -Stiff Penalties
- FBAR Amnesty - Voluntary disclosure by August 31, 2011
- Getting your global financial house in order - especially Indian assets including income producing assets